Sunday, June 7, 2009

36 weeks!

"The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3

Well, after some really hard work on my part (by hard work I mean doing absolutely no work at all) we have made it to 36 weeks without having a baby! That is great news and we are very happy. From everything I have been told by my doctor and the real expert--the internet, haha--if Eli is born this week he would most likely do very well with very few minor problems, mostly related to temp regulation because he hasnt been able to put on a lot of fat. Of course, we would prefer to officially make it to full term (37 weeks or beyond), but we are so thankful to be where we are. When I think about the challenges we would have faced if he had been born at 30 1/2 weeks, well...ugh. I just don't like to think about that. I see my doctor tomorrow morning and we will see what my new assignment is...can i get out of the house? start going for short walks? maybe unpack a few boxes? or will i have one more week of restricted activity? who knows, but I am excited to see what she has to say tomorrow.

Again, I just want to thank everyone for your prayers, encouraging words, meals, visits, and overall support. There is no way we would have made it this far without you all! To my dear sweet husband: You are my hero! I know you are exhausted (I am watching you nap in the recliner right now) and I cannot thank you enough for all of your (extra) hard work the past month and a half. I love you!

Now after all that sappy stuff, I want to talk about something else near and dear to my heart: snowcones. This is my new obsession--well, not exactly new. I seem to go through the same thing every summer. I have my first snowcone of the summer and then I can't stop! I crave them. In previous years I have found my favorite and stuck with it fairly consistently, but I think that this year, at least for the first week or two, I will try to branch out a little. Those of you with facebook have already heard of this obsession, so bear with me. I have been told that the craving is contagious, so I am trying to share the love so that you will all crave a deliciously cool, sweet, refreshing snowcone when you finish reading this. Then you will all be hooked, I will buy a snowcone stand, and then I will be rich!!! So it all started when my sweet friend Kelli broke me out of the house last Thursday for a short errand (I just rode along) and we stopped for a snowcone on the way home. Snowcone #1 DREAMSICLE. Then Friday Andy and I went to dinner and stopped on the way home for snowcone #2 SWEET TART. Then Saturday, Andy had to drop a borrowed lawnmower off (for work) and brought home to me snowcone #3 TIGER'S BLOOD. Now it is Sunday afternoon and I am craving snowcone #4. What flavor will it be? When Andy wakes up from his nap I may try to convince him to go for a short drive to the snowcone stand. Man, thrilling stuff isn't it? Why would anyone read this blog?

1 comment:

lizcannon said...

woot.
pickle snowcone, you knoe I LOVE them.