Elijah Holmes Froese was born on Friday, June 12th at 11:52 am. 5lb 12 ozs, 18 inches. He was born just a little over 3 weeks early--he is a little guy but he is healthy and strong! Thank you Lord!

My water broke at home around 6:00 am. Contractions started approx every 5 minutes on the way to the hospital and very quickly progressed to about every 2 minutes once we got there. I was very thankful for the epidural and Eli made his arrival just before noon. I got to hold him for a few seconds (and couldnt really see him very well because I was crying so hard--happy tears of course!) but because he was technically a preemie, he had to be checked out by the NICU people fairly quickly.
He checked out great and they said he was doing very well and they didnt need to do anything else with him..yippee!! Grandma and Grandad (Haws) were there and got to hold him after he got checked out--about 30 minutes after he was born. His nose was all smooshed from being so low in my pelvis for all those weeks, but it is straightening out nicely.
Eli had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning and since I was still out of commission at that point, Andy played single dad and took little man to the doctor. Eli has already gained all his weight back, plus one ounce! He is now 5lb 13 oz and 18 1/2 inches (i think he just stretched easier). The Dr. said he is doing great!
Andy goes back to work on Monday :( We arent looking forward to that, but thankfully my mom has agreed to come back and stay a few days to help me with that transition. We will miss Andy during the day--and I will miss the sleep I have been getting from about 6 to 9 am when Eli snuggles with Daddy.
1 comment:
Good job you two on your first week!! Way to hang in there through the challenges! Thanks Eli for arriving while we were in Oklahoma so we could meet you! You are so precious and we love you!
Post a Comment